Pages

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

New beginnings

     It feels a little strange to be starting another blog when I haven't updated Tourist Monkey for well over a year. Of course there is a simple reason for that: Tourist Monkey is a travel blog. I simply haven't gone anywhere very exotic recently.

   To be honest with you, this is an experiment. I have no agenda or grand statement to make here. I am simply writing a chronicle of my thoughts to see where they might lead, and because several of my friends seem to think that might be a good idea. If any unifying theme emerges, it will do so organically and with no planning. It will happen because it comes from me. Images of my work will definitely be posted along with ideas and opinions, short fiction and observations on any number of subjects great and small .

     I will try to avoid having this forum become an exercise in narcissism.You are probably not very interested in what I ate for lunch, so unless it's a particularly hilarious or poignant sandwich, I will not bother to mention it. I have, of course, strong beliefs about politics and spirituality.You will not find them here This is because I assume you do as well. Either we agree or disagree on these points. If we agree any discussion will just reinforce our mutual bias and therefore accomplishes very little. If on the other hand, we disagree: I respect your ideas enough to not  to subject you to my rantings. If your opinions change, it will probably not be through this blog. I do not wish to bore or annoy you by proselytizing. There will be no petty personal attacks either. If your name or image appears on this page, I will ask you first and treat you with every courtesy.

I do promise you one thing, Gentle Reader: If you are to join me on this journey It will meander and go off in unexpected directions. I will try my hardest to keep things interesting and enjoyable for you. You can check in  here secure in the knowledge that no matter what happens, you will never be subjected to a detailed biographical account of the life of a cat.

No comments:

Post a Comment